Monday 14 December 2020

Day Two - Music

 12 DAYS OF GRATITUDE







On this second day of gratitude, I’m grateful for music.


I think ABBA said it best....


“Thank you for the music, the songs I’m singing.

Thanks for all the joy they're bringing.

Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty?

What would life be? 

Without a song, or a dance what are we? 

So I sing, thank you for the music - for giving it to me...”


I’ve always loved music, but I think truly appreciate it a little more since having this disorder. 


Music has the ability to uplift me when I’m feeling down, and classical music can certainly help me to calm down when I'm stressed and anxious. 


Music can both energize me and get me up off the couch, or help me relax and drift off to sleep. 


And music, quite often a hymn, has got me through some of my toughest days, when I didn’t even want my family around.

 

I can be transported to another time or place, by listening to the music I enjoyed in my childhood, or I can try stay current and listen to what my sons are listening to (actually I'd rather not)!


So whether I’m trying to do the high soprano parts in Handel’s Messiah, or pretending to be the sixth Spice Girl (Old Spice?) I'm truly grateful to have music.


And now, thanks to Spotify and Google Assistant...I can have access to music just by the sound of my voice.


Hey Google...Christmas playlist!








Do you have a song that has helped you on your bad days?


No comments:

Post a Comment