Thursday 24 December 2020

Day Twelve - Hope

 On the twelfth day of gratitude, I am grateful for hope.





I didn't always feel grateful or hopeful. I thought hope could only exist if I would one day make a full recovery. Recovery isn't an option for me. Permanent does indeed mean permanent.



So today, this is what I hope for :-

I hope for good days,

I hope that there are more good days than bad,

I hope to have less flare ups,

I hope that my bad days remain manageable,

I hope not to develop new symptoms,

I hope to eventually take no medication,

I hope to get better at being sick,

I hope to one day work again,

I hope to continue to write, encourage and inspire others on a similar vestibular journey,

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas,

I hope there will one day be a cure - maybe not for me, but for those who will walk behind me.


I believe you can be both chronically sick and happy. I know this because I am.

And I am abundantly grateful.








I hope you've enjoyed reading this. What are you hopeful for? 







No comments:

Post a Comment