Sunday 13 December 2020

Day One - Creativity




On this first day of gratitude, I am grateful for creativity.

For the ability to use my imagination, ideas and thoughts and turn them into something unique and original.

To create with words. To weave and fashion them into something tangible. Something meaningful. Something inspirational. 

 Poetry.

It has been this form of self expression that has most helped shape my thinking. It's helped me to adapt to life with a chronic illness and somehow come to terms with it. Writing has helped to heal my emotions and has given me a purpose. It has been a welcome distraction on some of my bad days.

Writing has also given me confidence. So much so, that one day I decided to start a blog and share my poetry publically.

Now, some of my writing has echoed faintly in the healing journey of other people like me. It has made an impact in the life of someone else. That is profound to me.

Creativity has allowed me to turn my pain into something positive. And for that, I am abundantly grateful.





My first poem.





A backwards poem - reflecting 2 sides of my journey.



I would love to hear what you are grateful for in your chronic illness journey. Come back tomorrow for Day 2.






No comments:

Post a Comment