Wednesday 23 December 2020

Day Eleven - My Family

 On the eleventh day of gratitude, I am grateful for my family.



I believe the only thing more difficult than living with a vestibular disorder, is living with it alone.




Of all the days of this gratitude challenge, this post is by far the most difficult post to write. I just cannot seem to find the right words that will adequately describe how grateful I am for my family. I couldn't have got through these last few difficult years without their unconditional love, support, encouragement, prayers and strength. I simply could not. It doesn't feel as though we are separated by an ocean, because they take up such a large space within my heart.

They are my favourite people in the whole world, and I'm so glad I was born into my family. How lucky am I?




To my sons, thank your for lowering the bar and your expectations of me. Thank you also for stepping up and doing so much more these days, because I no longer can. I'm sure one day your future wives will thank me for this.



And to Roger, my husband - 32 years ago, you made a vow..."For better or for worse"... "In sickness and in health". Well, the past couple of years have truly flipped the balance and tested your commitment. There are now more worse days than better, and definately more sickness than health. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping your promise.

I'm so very grateful. And I love you.

2 comments:

  1. My mum and dad have a daughter Elaine, my grown up children Teresa and Thomas have an Auntie Elaine, Tricia and I have a little sister Elaine and Carol has a big sister Elaine.
    You are integral to our family and the ocean means nothing now we have WhatsApp. So keep being you and when we can we will see you either in the UK or my flying over to Canada or maybe meet in JA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️
      I love you. I’m so happy you’re my sister.

      Delete